Tuesday, March 8, 2011

3-8-11: that does it, rest of the week I make some news if no one post some I can re-cycle

Ice on the trees was incredible on the Taconic as the sunset. I didn't have my video camera then but I did what I could around the farm.


March 7 at Glencadia Dog Camp from glencadia on Vimeo.


Lot of folks without power of course.

About 900 Columbia Street: battle to save this historic building takes a few steps forward with an article in Rural Intelligence. Sign the petition. I did and donated 25 bucks too.

Who will run for office in Copake? Nice write up. Glad to see this blog out there.

Get in line and run! Anyone 1) taking on a sitting supervisor other than maybe one or two out of 17 who is 2) not crooked gets an automatic contribution from me regardless of party. The Columbia County Board of Supervisors: no accountability. Chaos. Malfeasance. Schemes.

Incumbents running again.

Not only did Sam Pratt do a tremendous job leading the Stop the Plant fight, he's done a nice job writing up the experience in five parts to date. Definitely a bullet we dodged.

Local heroes.

Congressman Gibson against unions in federal contracting.

Volcano in Hawaii.

Look, the first few days of this blog there was plenty of local news I could basically pilfer off the net but the last two days have been slow so I have decided to make some news. All this week, starting tomorrow, enough originally reporting and grandstanding to fill a blog: county meetings, town meetings... FOIL responses. Enough pontificating and grazing! More reporting!

Is former, disgraced congressman Sweeney trying to make a come back?

Unacceptable conditions at youth detention facility, according to whistleblower. Thank the stars for whistleblowers.

If this turns into a nuclear power plant I'll eat hat, which may be filled with my hair as it all falls out, but I won't be able to chew since my teeth will fall out too.

Err, well, I get the idea. Wrong sign. Damn.

What the hell is this? Sounds major. Can someone pass me the skinny on it?


NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ON
PROPOSED PROJECT AND FINANCIAL
ASSISTANCE
RELATING THERETO
Notice is hereby given that a public hearing pursuant to Section 859-a(2) of the General Municipal Law of the State of New York (the "Act") and Section 147(f) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended (the "Code") will be held by Columbia County Industrial Development Agency (the "Issuer") on the 23rd day of March, 2011, at 9:30 o=clock a.m., local time, at the Greenport Town Hall located in the Town of Greenport, Columbia County, New York, in connection with the following matters:
Greenport Crossings, LLC (the "Applicant") has requested that the Issuer consider undertaking a project (the "Project=) consisting of (A) 

Goodbye to the Skate Factory? I still can't get over that one.


Untitled from glencadia on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment