Saturday, June 11, 2011

6-11-11: library issue in Hudson, protected land, accidents

Good news. Nice work scenic Hudson. "Red Hook, Clermont and Germantown are among the agricultural communities where Scenic Hudson has been protecting what it calls a “critical mass” of working farmland since 1997."

Drowning incident avoided in Valatie.

The Hudson Library is moving. It's too bad. I hope something good happens to the building... fingers crossed.

"Hudson takes the 4x100 Boys Division 2 state title finishing in 43.04."
Local sports site?

Chatham: Hollywood meets Hudson Valley in New York Times.

Ok 5K. It's today.

1832-1852 New Lebanon, 555 marriages, listed. That's 2.3 per month. I bet there are many fewer in the last 20 year.

Hudson Republicans.

Injury falling. Here is the incident.

Here is the motorcycle race track case from Taghankanic. This case seems to have set a precedent and is getting cited in decisions a couple of times.

New no-texting law?
Mr. Cuomo’s proposal would apply not only to texting, but also to any other hands-on use of smartphones, tablet computers, laptops, gaming devices or other portable electronics while driving. It would not include any devices mounted on a car’s dashboard, like a GPS.

I wonder if I would be covered when I use my iPad which is mounted on my dashboard? I write at red lights in the city to let people know when I'm coming so they don't have to call. I look at it while I'm driving as a GPS. I think I use it safely. I also really need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment